It’s Sunday 1st January 2023, and in the first pod of the new year, we are discussing the ‘Pool just about getting a point against the high-flying Black Cats at Bloomfield Road this afternoon, a result which extends our run without a win to nine games, four points from a possible twenty-seven and see’s further pressure mount on manager, Michael Appleton.
- The lineup seems like one big middle finger to the support. Grimmy dropped, Yates left out…
- Good first half. Fast and incisive football. Put pressure on and maintained it for spells. Best we’ve played since when? (Is Poveda the greatest player on earth?).Lavery composed finish and cool through ball from CJ.
- Sunderland second-half switch – Did they go to 3 at the back and put extra in the middle
- Sloppy seconds – For the second game running, sloppy misplaced passes throughout the match.Whats the cause of this?Players or coaching?
- Sunderland onslaught – How many chances did Sunderland have? Hit the bar twice, a mad scramble that somehow stayed out.
- Tailors dummy – Second half totally overrun in midfield, Appleton just stood there watching it happen, and did nothing to affect change.Does he watch the same game as us? Why not stiffen the midfield?
- Booooo Appleton or ref booed? Seemed to be laughing when the booing started but I thought it was aimed at the ref.
If you would like to help support our show and help us pay for software, hosting, equipment, etc., please consider joining our Patreon supporter program.
In return, you’ll get extra content, early releases, access to our private Patreon WhatsApp chat group, and the odd giveaway now and then.To find out more go to:
You can follow us on the following platforms:
Hosted on Acast. See acast.com/privacy for more information.